Saturday, May 3, 2008

Charleston, South Carolina, y'all!

So we're about 95% sure we'll be in Charleston for the next couple years. We were bummed that nothing was available on the west coast or Texas by Jake & Rach or in Bethesda, where we loved living for a year and a half. But we feel at peace when we think of living there, so it'll be fun to explore the South and the Eastern Coastline. And as always, we'll love having visitors if you want to see this area too!
It'll be fun to hear Dane say "yes ma'am" and Bremen told Lexi she's gonna be wearing a lot of big dresses from now on, and maybe our crazy little Lily will become a little lady learning from the other debutante toddlers in Nursery! We're so stereotyping SC, but we are joking!
Now I'm gonna watch one of my favorites, The Notebook, which was all filmed in Charleston! So beautiful!

8 comments:

Jake & Rachel said...

We are excited for you!!! SC will be awesome. We're bummed that we still can't live near you though :( We could have tried for NC if we knew you would be there!! I think you'll like living in the South, I think it's so much fun! A bit of a culture shock, but so fun.

Callaway Family Fun said...

I can't wait to hear all about SC! It's been so fun reading your blog & seeing all the cool places you guys go. I have to say I have no idea how you survived as a single mom in an unfamiliar place for so long...you are awesome!!! Bremen's training sounds insane, too! I'm glad for you both that it's over! We can't wait to see you around midnight on Friday...Conor should be getting home from the Jazz game around the same time so it will work out great!

The Waldram Family said...

I can totally picture you in SC. I think you were born a Southern Belle :) Is SC were Dawson's creek was filmed? If so, I am totally jealous! You are so lucky to get to live in a beautiful place and experience the U.S.!

Andrea said...

Thanks, I do want to be a southern belle, especially if they still wore those big dresses like Scarlet O'Hara that hide "shapely" thighs and accentuate waists! That would be nice!

Elaine said...

Charleston sounds wonderful! I'm sure it will be a great place to live. I was hoping for Washington, since that is where we are probably going, but I'm sure you will love the South. We loved living in NC.

Michelle said...

I did read this the other day...and was too sad to leave a comment. Just kidding, that is actually really exciting. I was really hoping you'd be back in Bethesda, but I don't always get my way! Charleston will be so much fun. Love you!

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Well I just yahoo maped it. 10 hours!!! BUMMER! I thought it might be closer. That does seem like a fun place to visit. I am sad it's not closer to us though!

Anonymous said...

how fun, you guys will love it there. That is so fun to go on all these adventures. at least your family is moving with you! ps i LOVE the note book