
So Bremen was recently called as YM president in our ward so he's been a bit busy with mutual and other meetings throughout the week. He's having a lot of fun with it but on Saturday he somehow ended up taking a bunch of our young WOMEN to a stake youth meeting. He says he was in culture shock amid the twilight loving teens. Which didn't sound so bad to me, I would've loved that conversation. One of them was saying that Edward Cullen is her fiance, ha ha. And they had a little ipod dock and were playing Linkin Park and Silverstein (My Heroine), kinda crazy music...I've always thought of Bremen as a pretty "with it" guy (he listens to some crazy music too~ Bauhaus, Peter Murphy, Midlake and 90's grunge) but he said he couldn't believe how big the generation gap was! Too funny to imagine Bremen in a car full of teenage girls!
I've also had my taste of teen girls, well pre-teens. I teach the 10-11 year old girls and OMG they are a handful! Don't worry I don't really say OMG, but one of my girls says it every other sentence. They're so young but there's already cattiness and rolling their eyes at what another girl says, I just wish they didn't have to start with that so young, they'll get their fill of it in a few years! I seriously thought I wouldn't have to deal with this for awhile, Lexi's only 5, but Heavenly Father must know we need to be prepared!! We really are enjoying this change in our lives.....crazy but fun!
7 comments:
Oh, Andrea....BArt has the same calling I feel like I never see the man between his calling and work! IT's crazy but it seems to have made him more spiritual then he's been in years, so that's the plus side of it, hang in there, Bremen will be a better husband and father because of it!
Congrats on your new callings! I'm sure you will both do FABULOUS! Good luck with those preteen girls. :0 I got a couple...
You guys are busy! That is so great. Youth callings are fun but super demanding. It is really rewarding though when they youth respond to you. You really gain a love for them! Pre-teens yeah well Brianna is kind of in the category. The other day she said "since Dad's at work I am going to go put your lipstick on, ok?" Pretty funny!
That is the perfect calling for you Bremen! You'll be awesome! That is pretty funny to picture you in a car full of teenage girls, I'm in Beehives so I know ALL about it!!!
Andrea,
Hannah Richards here. I came across your blog through Kelsi Doolittle. I noticed you live in Charleston. My brother-in-law & his family live there. Their names are Doug & Jaime Michaelsen. He is a bishop in Charleston and they have 4 kids. 2 are YM/YW age. You have a darling family! Our blog is familymichaelsen.blogspot.com
Well I think Dane with be a great teenager, he was always so sweet when we were playing 'teenager' together a few days ago!!
I'm about to unload a ton of vacation pictures on my blog, I hope you guys don't mind!
I'm a nerd, I left a 'follow up' comment for you on my own page by accident. I do remember Bremen was the first to start building...maybe I should put a disclaimer on my post that he is the true creator of the game? Too much credit? He did only play once...I'll leave the crediting rights up to you, haha
Post a Comment