It was so fun to see our kids playing with their cousins, because we're so far from any family it doesn't happen often enough.
We all loved getting to know Brynn, she's so much fun and such a smart & sweet baby girl.
Lily & Eli are quite a pair~ they're 5 mos apart and love all the same things (Elmo, Thomas trains, Mickey, Little People) which made things easy and difficult at times. Above, they were playing in the rain. Below, they loved climbing into the wagon~ they'd have a conversation (interesting ones) or dance like in this picture, funny kids.
Boone Hall Plantation Pumpkin Patch



Peninsula Grill
I mentioned before that for our birthdays Jake & Rach gave Bremen & I a gift certificate to this amazing, world famous restaurant in Charleston. My mom & Rach watched our kids while we enjoyed the best food since we were in Italy a couple years ago, if not ever. (We were walking by the next day so we stopped for a picture). The service was amazing, you seriously don't believe there are places like this until you experience it for yourself....imagine it being like Ratatouille but without the rats of course and instead of french accents, there are gentlemanly southern accents.....quite the experience! Thank you Jake & Rach & mom, it was a great night. Oh, we're celebrating our anniversary this month that explains the writing on the plate and this is their amazing coconut cake....yum!
I mentioned before that for our birthdays Jake & Rach gave Bremen & I a gift certificate to this amazing, world famous restaurant in Charleston. My mom & Rach watched our kids while we enjoyed the best food since we were in Italy a couple years ago, if not ever. (We were walking by the next day so we stopped for a picture). The service was amazing, you seriously don't believe there are places like this until you experience it for yourself....imagine it being like Ratatouille but without the rats of course and instead of french accents, there are gentlemanly southern accents.....quite the experience! Thank you Jake & Rach & mom, it was a great night. Oh, we're celebrating our anniversary this month that explains the writing on the plate and this is their amazing coconut cake....yum!Savannah, Georgia
Savannah is a 2 hr drive away so we ventured out (all the kids in tow). It is such a charming place....this is the old part, it reminds me of Italy, I love how old architecture has so much European influence. The cobblestone is original from the 1600's.
Savannah is a 2 hr drive away so we ventured out (all the kids in tow). It is such a charming place....this is the old part, it reminds me of Italy, I love how old architecture has so much European influence. The cobblestone is original from the 1600's.Since we were in town, we HAD to stop by Paula Dean's restaurant~ Lady & sons, but our timing was off so we didn't get to eat there, it was satisfying enough just to see it though.

Isle of Palms

This is our beach that's just a few miles away, we love it~ shallow, warm water, perfect for the kids.


Isle of Palms

This is our beach that's just a few miles away, we love it~ shallow, warm water, perfect for the kids.

Angel Oak
Isn't this amazing? They say this may be the oldest live oak in North America and maybe even the world~ it's 1500+ years old (it's true, I looked it up to be sure I heard right), it is truly majestic!

Isn't this amazing? They say this may be the oldest live oak in North America and maybe even the world~ it's 1500+ years old (it's true, I looked it up to be sure I heard right), it is truly majestic!
Magnolia Plantation
We heard the Magnolia gardens were breathtaking, and they did not disappoint. Lexi found this garden which is the first garden in America, dated to the 1600's.
We heard the Magnolia gardens were breathtaking, and they did not disappoint. Lexi found this garden which is the first garden in America, dated to the 1600's.













11 comments:
Wow! It looks like you guys have been having tons of fun. That 1500-year-old tree is amazing! And those beach pictures--I can't believe you live so close to such a fantastic beach!
fun fun fun pictures! miss you! We really need to come and visit you guys this time!
OOhh, I'm' so jealous of all the beautiful, fun places you guys are seeing! I bet it's so exciting for the kids too! It's great that you guys get out there and explore the historical places nearby.
what a fun visit! Your pictures are amazing, I love all the history, I want to come visit too:), Everything is so beautiful... and green! (Arizona is taking a brown toll on me:) What a great place to live! I love this country!
It must be great to live in a place with so much history. It is beautiful. I would love to see it someday. Sounds like you had such a great time!
great pictures!! Holy cow I want to visit!! ANd you went to Savanna Georgia? That's on my "to go to " list!! I want to be Paula Deen when I grow up...
So much fun!! I'm so glad you had such a nice long visit with everyone, I wish Az was as exciting as where you live....I mean how many times can you look at cactus? I did fine a scorpion in my laundry room the other day and I killed it with Bart's shoe...that was pretty exciting...( I'm grasping here)
P.s is that brown hair your sporting?!! It looks great! How are you liking it? I"m going darker next week, the upkeep while I"m prego is insane it already grows fast and now it's double time, too much work. Love the new look!
This post made me want to come back!!! I never wanted to leave though :) I, as I'm sure is obvious, haven't posted about it yet because there are so many pictures to choose from. I'm sure you'll see a lot of the same on my future post! We had so much fun, thank you again for having us!! It was the perfect thing for me and the kids, I really needed a vacation. Except I got post-vacation depression for awhile, but I think I'm starting to come out of it ;)
Looks like a lot of fun. Family visitors are so much fun! My turn next...
i love to see all the pics
wow such great pics. i loved them! you guys have such cute kids. it is so fun for me to see them and see the adventures you are having in your life. life is really amazing isn't it? i just can't believe how fast it goes by. you guys look like you are really enjoying your family and the area you are getting to live in. I am so happy for you. Love Mis and fam
Post a Comment