Thursday, August 20, 2009

how we spent our summer...

first we moved into a new house! We needed a bit more room with our 4th on his way~ it was kinda hard moving while pregnant but thankfully I have a great, hardworking husband and an amazing mom who came all the way from California to help. It was definately a good decision!

Then Bremen left for a week for high adventure camp in North Carolina with the young men. He loved being young men's president for a bit, but was recently put in the bishopric. Surprisingly, it hasn't added too much to his workload, although it has too mine! I miss Bremen keeping the kids occupied during sacrament meeting with his drawings and I'm bracing for how it'll be with a new baby added onto the situation!


Bremen's birthday..... it's fun too see the kids get so excited about giving gifts.


Dane & Lexi tying Bremen's new shoes for him as he talks to family calling for his bday.


Pioneer Day.....
We also took a short trip up to Washington D.C. It was fun getting to see friends but I didn't take any pictures :( We also went to the American History Museum (which was closed the whole time we lived there), that was really interesting! Ooh, and I was able to find a Mimi's Cafe on the way, one of my favorite restaurants from California, so good! And I got to sneak in a shopping trip to my favorite stores~ Ikea, Nordstom, Janie & Jack, and Kirkland's. Unfortunately on the way home our expedition had a major breakdown on the side of a highway in the middle of the night 30 miles from the nearest town. After a week and a half of being without it, it's finally back and the kids are back in school.....life is good ;)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your house! It's gorgeous! what cool trees...and I can't believe that your car broke down! what did you guys do? I thought getting a parking ticket was bad! I can't imagine how crappy that must have been! I want to hear about it! It was SO fun to see you guys!

~Crystal~ said...

Wow, looks like you've been having fun. You have the cutest house!!!

Melinda said...

I agree. Cute house!

Tera said...

Love the new house, it is darling! Love that you guys had a fun and busy summer. Loved the pics of the kids and the news of Bremen's new calling. I'm not surprised he's in the bishopric, he's a great man! But not loving that you haven't posted a pic of your cute pregnant tummy! Soon I hope, and some baby details too!

Elaine said...

Beautiful new home! So happy for you and all your fun adventures. I was sorry to miss you in DC! Miss you guys! Good luck with the baby.

Jake & Rachel said...

Your new house is so darn cute! I love the porch. The houses you've lived in have been so different for ours. The kids seem to get taller and taller every new post (maybe because it's like half a year in between each post..hehe). I can't wait to see them during Christmas!! Sounds like you've had a pretty good summer.

HMichaelsen said...

Very cute house! What ward are you guys in? My brother-in-law, Doug Michaelsen, is the bishop of one of the wards in Charleston and my sis in law is in his stake (Lisa Waddle) and she lives in No. Charleston. Good luck with eveyrthing!

Sherece said...

I love your new home Andrea, it is SO beautiful! Best wishes with baby #4! -Sherece