Monday, April 28, 2008

He's finally HOME!

Bremen was gone for 9 weeks doing Dive school for the Navy in Florida. That was the hardest thing I've ever done, being without him, in the dead of winter, in an unfamiliar area, with my 3 kids 24/7! But we made it! It has definitely given me a new respect for the submarine wives in our ward who say goodbye six months at a time (one lady has done that 8 times!), and for women like my friend Elaine who went over a year without her husband while he was in Afghanistan. I never mentioned it on my blog, because I was freaked out about strangers knowing I was alone.
I also have a greater awareness of my husband, and all the things he does and says that add up to the profound role he plays in our home. Not that I didn't appreciate him before~~but now I make more notes in my mind of how wonderful he is. We are blessed. And don't think I'm writing this so he'll read it, because he is a pill about looking at my blog. I'm just SO releaved this time has passed and we can move on to our next challenges.
Bremen did well there, and learned all he needs to know to dive and treat Divers, Navy Seals, and Submariners. He did come home tanner and in better shape than ever, (which I can't say for myself, but to everything a season, right?) I'm just really proud of him, he even escaped serious injury, which is good since a few, out of the 15 of them, were hospitalized for days over the course of the training.
Hooyah! He's home!!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I'm so glad that Bremen made it home safe and sound. Having them gone is tough--but now you can say you did it! Sometimes it takes these experiences to help us realize how much we can really do! Hopefully, Bremen is home to stay. And always--feel free to call me if you ever need help making it through. I've been there.

Jake & Rachel said...

You guys survived! We know if was tough on both of you and we're happy Bremen's home too! That picture of Bremen is awesome! Can you believe what these guys get to do?

Michelle said...

i'm so excited for you too! You did it! I really don't know how...but you did. You are one strong woman! The post with the swans was beautiful! I can't believe that is where you live! It's so pretty!