Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring has finally arrived at the New England coast!

Daffodils are everywhere, and a scented mixture of ocean breeze & fresh cut lawns is in the air. What use to be a partial ghost town, on our penninsula, is one house at a time, coming alive and winter shutters opening. The kids are elated to feel the warm sun, cool breeze, and grass and sand between their toes! This is our yard~~Lexi & Dane LOVE playing out here and picking tons of flowers for me to put in vases....we have 6 vases full of daffodils around the house, and I'm loving it! When I was little my parents called me flower girl because I was always bringing them newly picked buds, I guess it's in the genes!
My neighbor just informed me that the bush on the right is Wysteria that blooms in May~~I can't wait. One good thing about being in a new place is you never know what will pop up!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

i love daffodils! How cute! Those are such cute pictures. Thanks for your email. Love you!

Elaine said...

Your photos are beautiful! I love spring! P.S. I tagged you--check out my blog.

Jake & Rachel said...

How beautiful! I hope you guys continue to have some warm weather. I would give you some of mine if I could...