For a few months now, we've been staying in this old beach house near Mystic, CT. These are the owners who built it in 1927, the father was a doctor for the Navy~~a funny coinsidence. While I have missed some of the perks of newer homes, that many of you enjoy, (a master bathroom, a walk in pantry, nice kitchen counters...to name a few), I have thoroughly enjoyed using century old furniture that seems to have many more years of use in them.

Among them... a springy old double bed in the master (yes, I miss my King size, but have gotten use to the double until all 3 kids try to pile in with me)... and for a scrapbooking space I use an antique fold down writing desk...and I know I mentioned this before, but I love discovering these amazing old books, like this Lord Byron book from 1900 and a book from the 1800's called "The Art of Marriage" and a Sears catalog from 1909 (which in a way doesn't seem that long ago, but a beautiful dining room hutch was only $11!


1 comment:
Wow your house looks so cool, I can't wait to come! Are you still coming here this week? I hope so!
Post a Comment