
When Elder Ballard spoke about Motherhood at General Conference I was struck with this overwhelming gratitude for the sacred calling which I've been given. I am truly blessed to be given this trust of bringing up these sweet children, and teaching them the wonderful truths that I have been taught. Mothering is challenging (I was eagerly taking down notes on tips he gave of how to simplify things and alleviate stress), but the moments I have with my kids that give me glimpses of heaven, far outway any rough patches I experience.
5 comments:
So sweet Andrea, I have goosebumps. I know it really is hard but us moms know that what we do is the most important job in the world (even more important that saving lives, haha)! I loved his talk too! I loved that he didn't just tell us what we should do but told us how to do it! And I must admit I loved the part where he said that fathers should let the mothers off for a day! Brian was like "a day." funny huh-does that sound like him or what!
Beautiful picture Andrea. You take such great pictures! And...you are right...we need to slow down and enjoy the good moments of motherhood.
I love the picture you included with those thoughts and feelings, the water behid the kids looks so peaceful... water, just like motherhood is rarely that still and peaceful, but when we take the perspective like Elder Ballard showed us, and like your kids being the cener of that photo, everything else just falls into place and you can feel the peace...
you are so sweet. What a beautiful picture of your kiddos! I espically LOVED that talk as well, it was so comforting, helpful & reassuring!
AMEN!!! I loved his talk, too, and it made me want to be a better mom...like you!!! You guys are having so many cool adventures, I love to see the beautiful place where you're living! We're so excited to see you guys soon...
Post a Comment